Erasmus + is a funding program of the European Union (EU).
It promotes Learning and the cooperation in Europe in the fields of Education, Youth and Sport. As IFC, we offer Erasmus + Projects in the countries Spain and Germany.
With Erasmus +:
- An apprentice can complete a part of his/her education in Spain.
- A professional trainee student can make an internship in Austria.
- A student can study a semester in Italy.
- A teacher can visit Sweden for training.
- Young people from all over Europe can participate in a work camp in Poland.
- Educational institutions from different countries can develop common curricula.
They all claim to be supported by the EU. A total of € 14.7 billion is available until 2020. The EU would like to promote a total of 4 million Europeans..
Erasmus + has existed since 2014. Previously there were different programs: Erasmus for universities, Leonardo da Vinci for vocational training, Grundtvig for adult education, Comenius for schools and a few others. Erasmus+ combines these programs under one roof..
The EU would like to support young people in particular in acquiring intercultural skills and competences to feel ready for the working market.
The EU also wants the member countries to work more closely together in the field of education and to modernize their education systems.
More about Erasmus+: www.erasmusplus.de or on the website of the European Commission.